Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Loving Energy

The cure for all the ills and wrongs, the cares, the sorrows, and the crimes of humanity, all lie in the one word 'love'. It is the divine vitality that everywhere produces and restores life.

Lydia Maria Child

I’ve been working on bringing more love into my interactions with others. Not that I’m totally there yet, but when I am in conflict with someone, I picture them in my head and fill my heart with love, and imagine that my love is reaching out and enveloping them. I don’t know if this has any impact on the person I’m picturing, but I do know that it helps keep me calm and rational. And if I can stay calm and rational, I know that it helps whatever situation I’m in.

I also use this technique when I hear of someone who is hurting. It’s my way of praying. I ask the universe to pass on my loving energy to the person in need, and picture myself radiating love for them.

No comments: