Monday, December 25, 2006

My Christmas Wish

Today is Christmas, and I am sitting by my Christmas tree with the lights shining in the dimness of my living room. At the moment, the only other creatures stirring in this house are my three cats. The only sounds I hear are the coffee maker and the furnace both doing their jobs to make my morning comfortable and pleasant, and the occasional car in the distance.


The hustle and bustle of the past month is over, now. All the craziness is subsided. Different forms of it are poised to come back to life, but in this moment, there is peace.

This is my Christmas wish for all of you, whether you celebrate Christmas or not: That you will feel in your heart the peace I feel in mine in this quiet moment. Take a minute or two right now to quiet yourself, to relax into your chair, to forget about whatever else may be occupying your mind. Let my peace flow over you and through you. For this one moment, just BE.

Enjoy your day! And may peace be with you.

No comments: