Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Meditation

Do you meditate?

I keep reading about the benefits of having a regular meditation practice. For years now, I've been reading magazine articles, books, and such on it. Occasionally I'll try to start some program or other. Usually the closest I get is looking in the local Activities Guide to see what classes are available, but I've never signed up for one.

I do use visualization and breathing exercises to get through visits to the dentist. Which lately have been happening frequently enough to almost qualify as a regular meditation practice. For anyone in the Cambridge area - if you're looking for a dentist, I can't recommend Dr. Anjelica Hartwig highly enough. She almost makes me look forward to seeing her - and how many dentists have clients who say *that* about them?

Anyhow, my "point of the day" - I just finished reading yet another meditation exercise, and I may or may not try it, but it intrigued me enough to bring it to your attention. I found it while reading the newsletter for Spirit of the Earth, The Living Centre which is a fascinating looking retreat sanctuary in London, Ontario. I highly recommend taking their virtual tour and have a great time playing around with the directional buttons. One of these days I'd love to take one or more of their workshops, too.

No comments: