Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Belated Happy New Year

We're almost 2 weeks into the new year. How has it been for you so far? Have you broken all your resolutions yet? I've broken the one about exercising every day, but I'm standing firm on the "not buying sweets" resolution I made. If it survives the month, I'll be impressed.

Generally I don't really make resolutions, but I do like to think about how I'd like to approach the coming year. This year I expect to be quite busy with a variety of activities. I want to approach this busy-ness with a sense of peace. In other words, I don't want to get caught up in the motions and forget the reasons for what I've chosen to do with my time. I don't want to panic and get stressed, and in particular, I don't want to let panic and stress affect how I relate with others. Ideally, and I'm nothing if not an idealist, I want to bring a sense of peace to everything I do this year.

Wish me luck!

And in return, I wish you luck with whatever goals and resolutions you have made this year.

No comments: